The key to real happiness is a strong body and a sound mind. With the pandemic around, all of us are restricted to working from homes and online classes. There is no doubt of your weighing machines weighing you more these days. All of this happens because of the lack of physical activities. Just link how adults are dealing with depression, back aches and more, kids deal with physical and mental issues too. Staying at home hampers their growth and gets them into a lot of trauma. Their IQ also decreases. In this helpless situation, introducing your child to a physical activity as a hobby works wonders. Here are the hidden secrets of fitness and physical activities you had less idea about.
Benefits Of A Physical Activity For Kids
- Improves Focus – Your little one’s ability to focus and concentrate is relatively very less and lasts only for a few seconds. Any form of physical activity helps your little one to concentrate better and develops the ability to stay focussed. Since there are a lot of online classes going on, physical activity is highly important and essential.
- Builds Core Muscles – Growth and development of kids is at a slower rate because the kid remains confined to the couch or bed watching television and playing video games. The parks are really unsafe during the pandemic. The alternate solution to this issue is to give your child all the necessary equipment for physical activities. Physical activities keep your little one fit, flexible, healthy and also strong. With the right physical activities, the core muscles .With this, your child will grow better in spite of being at home.
- Self Defense – Self defence is very important in the world we live in today. Physical activities like boxing, karate, taekwondo and more are the best way to kick start self defence training for kids. With this, they become strong to face the opponent and also learn a lot of self defence hacks. It is never too late or two early to start off this training. If your little one is four years and up, do not hesitate to introduce them to such self defence physical activities.
- Relieves Stress – Who says kids do not get stressed and irritated? Having a kid at home and not sending him to school during this pandemic can play with your child’s mood swings and make them very fussy, annoyed and stressed. With the introduction to any physical activity, your little one will shift the focus of being annoyed and look forward to taking part in the activities. A good physical activity such as tennis, boxing or any other such activity can produce the happy hormones in your kids and keep them relaxed and calm.
- Keeps Them Busy – The idle mind of kids can make them feel very sick and annoyed being at home. This is the root cause of them being lazy, angry and fussy. With some activities that involve physical movement set up in the garden, the kids stay busy and active. This is the best alternative of taking kids to park and getting infected with the coronavirus.
Are you looking for a good physical activity toy? Here is the best boxing set for your little one to train him up and keep his boredom down. Buy the height adjustable punching set here.
Best Activities To Introduce Your Child To
- Boxing – Boxing is the best physical activity that the kids of all ages enjoy. Be it boys and girls, the best way to keep them all energetic and happy is to hang a boxing bag in their room and get them punching it. Boxing is the best game to help them learn self defense, make their core muscles strong, play hard, keep them in mood, and keep them busy. Getting a boxing bag set is the best way to keep your child busy and full of mood.
- Swimming – The next best activity in the physical activity list is swimming. Swimming makes the muscles strongs, aids in growth and development, and keeps the bones and joints strong and flexible. Your little one may get tanned because of sunlight and chlorine in the water. If you are planning to get your kid enrolled in swimming, look out for an indoor swimming pool this summer.
- Skating – Many schools in the USA have skating in the curriculum, but since the schools are not functioning for smaller kids, you can introduce your little ones to this activity at home. Get a complete skating set that comes with safety guards and a helmet too. All of these can keep your little one safe as he learns to balance, focus and stretch.
- Tennis – The next and most important physical activity that you need to let your child learn is tennis or badminton. Start off with shuttle as that will be easy for the children to practice with. You can also have a table tennis set up at home for your little one. With these, your little one can focus better, stay energetic, have a good exercise and have good growth. This game is good for holistic development for your little one.
These are some of the activities that you need to let your child get involved in. Introduce it to them in the right way and watch your little one grow mentally and physically.